Wine, Women and Shopping event in Chelsea, Michigan set for November 8, 2014
Chelsea hosts 9th Annual Wine, Women, and Shopping Event on November 8, 2014
Each year, early in November, the town of Chelsea hosts Wine, Women & Shopping, an event that draws people from as far away as Grand Rapids and Chicago. The city-wide event includes special offers, trunk shows, demonstrations and discounts in many of the stores, plus wine tasting and menu specials at restaurants. This year’s event, scheduled for November 8, 2014, will mark the 9th anniversary of the wildly successful, unofficial start to the holiday shopping season.
Originally conceived as a “Ladies Day Out” just prior to opening day of deer hunting season; Wine, Women, and Shopping has become a huge event that celebrates both the season by bringing friends and family members together to shop and eat, and the community’s commitment to preserving the small business owner with a “shop local” event.
Gather friends and loved ones and plan to spend the day in Chelsea. You’ll find great deals on food, drink, and all kinds of shopping. Maps and brochures will be available throughout Chelsea on the day of the event.
See event listing and map:
Old & New Favorites in 2014
Activities planned for this year will not disappoint. Look for trunk shows, demonstrations and complimentary snacks in many of the participating stores from 10am to 6pm. The restaurants and cafes offer specialty menu items and wine tastings, and Seitz’s Tavern will offer live music from 12 noon until 5 pm. Chelsea merchants truly do offer something for everyone. From cowboy boots at The Mule Skinner, garden décor and fresh holiday greens at The Garden Mill, men’s and women’s fashions at Vogel’s & Foster’s, to gifts, cards and giftwrap at Dayspring Gifts – everyone will find something they love.
In addition to all of the familiar food and shopping, visitors will find new names, places and faces in town. Just Imagine and Bumble’s Dry Goods, both longtime fixtures in Chelsea, have relocated to Main Street. The Attic Boutique has moved to East Middle Street across from Chelsea Village Flowers. Deborah Coy, owner of the Attic Boutique is looking forward to the event: “We are very excited about the new location, it has been truly fantastic. We will have over 100 new items just in time for the event and will be giving away free gifts with purchases.” New to Chelsea is The Vintage Barn Boutique on East Middle Street. Owner Cathy Melton says “I am very excited to be part of this time honored tradition and will be offering raffles and sales.” Also new to downtown is Chelsea Kidz Stop on Main Street in the Sylvan Building.
Giving Back: Non perishable items accepted to benefit Faith In Action
In the spirit of the season Wine, Women & Shoppers are invited to contribute non-perishable food item to the local Food Bank. A collection area will be available throughout the day for donations of canned food, cleaning products and paper goods. All items collected will go to Faith in Action in Chelsea.
Look for the red and white balloons! Check out the links below for phone, address, website and map to businesses participating in Wine, Women and Shopping this year:
- Attic Boutique – Free gift with Purchase and new discounts throughout the store.
- Bumbles Dry Goods – Give Away with Purchase.
- Chelsea Antiques – Storewide Sale; Gift with Purchase; Lots of Goodies
- Chelsea Farmers Supply: Birdfeeders, houses and baths; Dog and cat treats; people snacks; chocolates and organic seasonings – All on SALE!
- Cherry Optometry – Frame Sale; Drawing for a pair of sunglasses; Chocolate covered cherries
- Dayspring Gifts (located 1170 S. Main St )
- The Garden Mill – Free Raffle, refreshments throughout the day and FREE Chair Massage form noon-4p.m.
- Global Marketplace – Henna Tattoos; Free Chair Massages; Live Celtic Music; Aztec Hot Cocoa; Fair Trade Chocolate Samplings; Mini Cupcakes; In-Store Promotions; Chalk Art
- Heydlauff’s – Freshly Baked Muffins
- Just Imagine Bookstore – Chocolate Dipped Cookies
- Chelsea Kidz Stop Sweets & Treats Refreshments
- La Jolla Jewlery – Sparkling Cider; Fine Chocolates; Hors d’oeuvres; Gift Bags; Drawing for Diamond Earrings.
- Merkels’ Furniture and Carpet One – Register to win a Free Accessory or Throw
- Muleskinner Boots – Enter to win “Free” pair of boots; Meet Amy our representative from Corral Boots; Come see our great selection of ladies boots; Visit the Young Buckaroo’s in our lower level; Corral Boots Trunk Show; Entry drawing for Free Nocona Boot give-away. Men or Lady legacy boots. Drawing at 6 pm. Need not be present to win.
- The Potting Shed / The Potting Shed on Main- Free gift with $20.00 purchase; Refreshments
- Vintage Barn Boutique - Raffle for $50.00 Gift Certificate – 2 Winners!
- Vogel’s & Foster’s – Stormy Kromer Trunk Show – Made in Ironwood, MI – Includes caps, mittens, coats, vests, and more
West Old US-12
- USArtQuest – Fall Holiday Craft Show; Handmade Artisan Crafts Juried Show; Refreshments; Demonstrations (see below)
Oak Tree Plaza off of Old US 12, near exit 157 on I-94
- Shabby Chic – Refreshments, drawings & discounts throughout the day
Chelsea Depot Artisans Market
Also featured is the 4th annual Chelsea Depot Artisans Market at The Chelsea Train Depot with 15 area artists and fine craft persons, as well as refreshments and door prizes.
Fall Holiday Craft Show
USArtQuest’s 1st Annual Fall Holiday Craft show will be jam-packed with local crafters and artisans who will be selling wonderful creations just in time for the holiday gift-giving season.
Saturday 9am to 4pm. Free admission.
Staying the weekend?
Food & Drink
Visitors may enjoy wine and dine at great area restaurants. Participating restaurants include:
- Thompson’s Pizza – Wine Tastings of Michigan Wines; Lunch Specials
- Jet’s Pizza and Sports Bar – Eagle Eye Brand; $5.00 for 6 Tastings
- Seitz’s Tavern – Live Music; Old Time Photos; Wine Tastings
- Smokehouse 52 BBQ -$5.00 Glass of Wine; Tree of Life belly-dance demonstration in store front
- The Common Grill – Featured Wines & Specialty Cocktails
- Cleary’s Pub
- ZouZou’s Cafe - Alcohol-Free Sangria
Make Wine, Women & Shopping event an excuse for a weekend getaway! Stay right here in Chelsea: